Vedic Astrology Foundation assists you in identifying the most auspicious muhurtha for any important event/occasion or work that you wish to undertake.
In Sanskrit the word for a moment is “muhurtha.” Specifically, a muhurtha is a period of 48 minutes, and there are 30 such muhurthas in a day. These moments are sometimes compared to flowing water with ups and downs and ins and outs, and so there are certain moments when the flow of time is favorable and when the flow of time is unfavorable. It is, therefore, important to choose the right moment to begin a new project as this will affect the outcome of that endeavor. In fact, not only do each of the thirty 48 minute segments of time have their different moods, some auspicious and others inauspicious, different days of the week (varas), different lunar mansions (nakshatras), different lunar days (tithis), different phases of the moon (pakshas), the direction of the sun (ayana) and even whether it is night time or day time are all considered favorable or unfavorable for different endeavors. Therefore, when choosing a favorable time for any given event all these factors have to be considered. This is what is meant by ‘choosing the moment” (muhurtha) and it is the job of an expert priest or astrologer to select the proper time for the proper activity. Few of the important activities where muhurtha check can be applied are :-
1. Namakarana (Naming Ceremony)
2. AnnaPrasana (Feeding Rice)
3. Karna-Vedha (Ear Piercing)
4. Tonsure (Shaving head)
5. Akshararambha (Start education)
6. Starting Studies/ Exam Preparations
7. Applying for a job, Attending Interview, Joining Date
8. Meeting Higher Authorities, People in Power or Influence
9. Starting a medical treatment
10. Digging wells, Tube well, Tanks etc.
11. House : Laying Foundation, Start Construction and Grihapravesa
12. Buying and Selling: Vehicles, Jewels, Properties
13. Finance: Taking Loan & Giving Loan
14. Dividing Property or Partition
15. Making a compromise treaty
16. Opening a shop
17. Starting commercial activity
18. Incorporating a company
The important conditions for selection of auspicious time for Customs, Rituals or Work that need to be undertaken are as follows.
1. Most Favourable Astrological Days :
2. Most Favourable Stars
3. Most Favourable Tithis
4. Unfavourable Nithyayogas
5. Unfavourable Karanas
Apart from these common Panchanga shuddi checks, the general astrological quality based on the horoscope for the moment is also analysed. Also, the factors such as Solar and Lunar eclipses, Sankranti and Sandhyakalam are considered during the Muhurtha search.
There are variations in regional practices for selecting Muhurtha for different occasions.
Vedic Astrology Foundation takes into consideration the different regional practices as well apart from the other important factors when identifying an auspicious Muhurtha.